We train the brightest minds to be VC-ready.
To all aspiring Venture Capitalists
We are looking for driven and analytical university students who are interested in sourcing, researching and analysing young and promising startups across universities in Singapore.
Students will learn from “the other side” of the startup landscape through curated, structured training and mentorship from seasoned VCs to practise venture capital knowledge and skills. Student Analysts will be equipped and guided to source for student ventures, conduct due diligence, pitch to the investment committee and contribute to investment decisions. We're inviting university students to join us for a fully immersive experience for at least 1 year (commitment). Selected students will gain a deeper understanding of the responsibilities and scope of venture capitalists - learning how to select investment-ready companies and grow portfolios, and experience the investment process first hand.
Leverage our network and receive mentorship from industry leaders. Shorten your learning curve.
Empowered to go beyond the classroom, Student VCs will experience sourcing and investing in promising student startups firsthand.
Learn, only from the best, with a specially-designed curriculum that equips you with real world VC skill-sets.
Applications are now open. Applicants will be put through a rigorous 4 stages selection process. Selected Student VCs will begin training from October onwards. Outside of Protégé Ventures, students get to participate in ecosystem activities where they will get to interact with the wider startup network. These include:
- Monthly dinners with Kairos ASEAN mentors, members and industry leaders
- Participate in Kairos 360 (K360) Business Mission
- Access to industry events and regional conferences
- University students based in Singapore with a year or more left till completion (incl. undergraduates, graduates, and ASEAN exchange students who will be in Singapore for full duration of the training)
- Strong interest in the Startup & Venture Capital ecosystem
- Sufficient networks and ability to source new investment deals
- Strong analytical and research capability to evaluate startups
- Communicates well and thrives in a team.
- Able to commit at least 1 year to the programme.
- Interact with student founders and source interesting deals
- Conduct analysis and due diligence on the team, product/service, market, and growth strategy
- Work together as a team with your fellow student VC’s to discuss and decide what startups to present to the investment committee
- Attend proposed training and mentorship activities to improve one’s skill set
|Event||Time Period* (2018)|
|Applications Open||1 June|
|Info Session||25 June|
|Applications Close||2 July|
|VC Bootcamp||Early September|
|Onboard new batch of Student Analysts||Late September|
*Time periods are subject to change