We are looking for driven and analytical university students who are interested in sourcing, researching and analysing young and promising startups across universities in Singapore.
We're inviting university students to join us for a fully immersive experience with at least 1 year commitment. Selected students will gain a deeper understanding of the responsibilities and scope of venture capitalists - learning how to select investment-ready companies and grow portfolios, and experience the investment process first hand. Outstanding student VCs will get to progress from Analysts to Associates, and eventually sit on the Investment Committee.
Participate in a structured ten-week bootcamp providing real world VC skillsets Starts October 2017
Receive mentorship from industry leaders
Network with experienced VCs and entrepreneurs
Work alongside fellow student VCs and founders to source for interesting deals
Conduct analysis and due diligence on the team, product/service, market, and growth strategy of interested deals
Pitch investment plans to investment committee
Selection interviews commence in September. Selected student VCs will begin training in Oct 2017. Outside of Protege Ventures, students get to participate in Kairos ASEAN activities where they will get to interact with the wider Kairos network. These include
- Monthly dinners with Kairos mentors, members and industry leaders
- Participate in Kairos 360 (K360) Business Mission
- Access to industry events and regional conferences
- University students based in Singapore with a year or more left till completion (incl. undergraduates, graduates, and ASEAN exchange students who will be in Singapore for full duration of the training)
- Strong interest in the Startup & Venture Capital ecosystem
- Sufficient networks and ability to source new investment deals
- Strong analytical and research capability to evaluate startups
- Communicates well and thrives in a team.
- Able to commit at least 1 year to the programme.
- Interact with student founders and source interesting deals
- Conduct analysis and due diligence on the team, product/service, market, and growth strategy
- Work together as a team with your fellow student VC’s to discuss and decide what startups to present to the investment committee
- Attend proposed training and mentorship activities to improve one’s skill set
|31 August 2017||Applications Close|
|7 September 2017||Meet & Greet|
|8-11 September 2017||Case Study (3-day)|
|23 September 2017||Super Day|
|After 23 September 2017||Results|
|October 2017||Curriculum Begins!|
Applications closed! Stay tuned for announcements of our very first batch of student VCs!
If you have a technology-enabled startup with at least one university student founder, we'd love to hear more about what you're doing!
Startups will pitch their business plans to the Investment Committee, formed by selected students VCs and Kairos ASEAN representatives. Successful startups will receive S$20,000 - S$50,000 investment. Tell us more about yourself and your business now! Get in touch for funding